Announcement: The course is now planned to run Monday 6th to Friday 10th of June 2022.
Location: Monash University
Venue: G15, Building 28, School of Earth, Atmosphere and Environment, 9 Rain Forrest Walk, VIC 3800, Monash University
Dates: Commencing on 6th May at 10am. Following days, expected attendance from 9am to 5pm. Thus, the first meeting will be at 10:00 on the 6th of February in room G15, Building 28.
The course is designed to provide practical experience in the processing of regional geophysical datasets for the purpose of undertaking geological interpretation. The course is designed to allow the student to go through step-by-step methodologies of processing data, interpretation techniques, and modelling of geophysical data.
Learning Outcomes: This course will develop skills to:
- Process regional geophysical datasets.
- Develop strategies to interpret geology from regional aeromagnetic and gravity data.
- Integrate geological data into the geophysical interpretation.
- Practical experience in geophysical interpretation.
- Develop skills in modelling geophysical data.
- Gridding of geophysical datasets.
- Processing of geophysical datasets
- Image enhancement techniques
- Interpretation strategies
- Practical interpretation
- Forward modelling of geophysical data
- Understanding the third dimension
Further course and assessment information can be found at: https://handbook.unimelb.edu.au/subjects/erth90033